0x0 0x0 is a Windows OS error code that occurs when your Windows computer does not shut down properly or there is a conflict between two programs that are running at the same time.
The Windows error code 0x0 0x0 could occur when your Windows operating system or an app crashes on the system.
The error code 0x0 0x0x doesn’t mean something serious or viruses on your computer though. But, it could halt all activities on the system until fixed.
The process to solve the error code 0x00x0 will be discussed explicitly in this article citing different approaches that would provide a choice to choose from for you whenever the error code occurs on your Windows computer.
The code is accompanied by the code that has exited whenever it occurred and a blue screen background most times.
However, to know whether the error code 0x0 0x0 is a system crash it will show a blue screen. But if the code popup with an option to close it using the OK tab, it could be that there is a conflict between the apps that are either running or running in the background on your PC.
it’s better to shut down one of the conflicting apps instantly once you noticed it. But, if the error code 0x0 0x0 crashes the PC or crashes the software or program and the program fails to load, you might need to restart your PC and quickly uninstall the suspected program once the PC restarts the process is completed.
With this being said, in this article, we will take a look at all the possible ways that can be followed to remove error code 0x0 0x0 on Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, and Windows 10/11 OS.
What is 0x0 0x0?
0x0 0x0 occurs when your computer or laptop running a Windows OS crashes or failed to shut down correctly. The error code could also occur if you have two programs that should not be running on the same device installed on your PC.
It has also been recorded that the error 0x0 0x0 occurs when there is a problem with your computer graphics driver or your computer antivirus is blocking the execution of (a) program (s).
And the implication is that the error code 0x0 0x0 can affect the functionality of a computer if not fixed in time.
The 0x0 0x0 error code isn’t a virus, so it can neither harm your computer nor steal valuables from it. But the error code must be fixed to restore 100% functionality to the system.
The error 0x0x0x0 is a common error code for all Windows. Also, it’s fixable. That means you have nothing to fear with the error code on your Windows.
Windows have a lot of error codes ranging from Windows update error code to incompatible OS upgrades such as upgrading Windows 10 to Windows 11 where 0x0 0x0 error code is one to mention a few.
Is Error Code 0x0 0x0 a Virus?
A virus is an unwanted program that is injected into a (computer) device either through a 3rd party script or an app/software to damage your device or steal information from the device. And this is contrary to the 0x0 0x0 error code.
0x0 0x0 is not a virus because it doesn’t harm your PC or stop the PC from working. The downside is that if not fixed it can affect how your computer works.
From research, we discover that the error code on your Windows is not a serious issue as it can be cleared in under 5 minutes if the right approach is taken.
However, if the program causing the 0x0 0x0 conflict on your Windows computer couldn’t be troubleshot, you can uninstall it or block the program from executing. And if it’s a virus program from the internet, the Chrome browser protection will remove it. Windows Defender can also help to protect your device online against download attacks.
0x0 0x0 Causes
We found the following to be the possible causing of this particular error code on a. Windows computer/laptop.
- Programs not properly installed or uninstalled from your computer.
- A corrupt or damaged registry can lead to error 0x0 0x0 on your Windows computer.
- Error code 0x0 0x0 can occur when you shut down your computer in the wrong way.
- You will likely see 0x0 0x0 has exited the error code screen if you forcefully press the computer power button to turn off your computer.
- Program crashing on your PC can also bring about this error code.
- When two different programs conflict with the computer you will error code 0x0 0x0.
- An outdated graphics driver can cause various error codes on Windows including 0x0 0x0 error.
- Outdated Windows OS can cause your programs (software) and the OS not to work correctly.
- Running software that is not designed for your Windows (10) computer can cause this error code.
- Crash Hard Disk is also an accomplice.
There are different reasons why the error code 0x0 0x0 will appear on your Windows computer. However, we will share with you how to fix the error code and restore your system.
How to Fix Error Code 0x0 0x0
Below are the possible ways to fix error code 0x0 0x0 on Windows 10 or 8/8.1 OS.
Closing the Program Causing Error Code 0x0 0x0
If you can identify the conflicting software quickly or first close it from your computer task manager.
To open task manager and close any conflicting app follow the steps below.
- Press “Ctrl + Alt + Del” at the same time.
- Your computer “Task Manager” will pop-up showing all running apps on your PC.
- Find the “not responding “ program from the list, click on it and select “End” to the bottom left.
The program will close and stop running on your PC and background. If the app is said to run on startup you need to remove it from starting whenever you shut down or restart the system. To close the start-up program on your Windows computer kindly follow the steps below.
- Press “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” at the same time on your computer keyboard.
- Click on “Startup” on the navigation.
- Find the programming causing 0x0 0x0 error code in the list.
- Click on “Disable” to remove the program from starting whenever your computer is turned on.
Now, to use the program you will need to manually run it instead of letting the program run by itself whenever you restart or switch on your PC and cause the 0x00x0 error code.
Enable Inking and Typing and Tailored Experience
The quickest way to fix error code 0x0 0x0 is via the Windows Insider program. This is available for Windows 10. This might (not) work for Windows 8 and. 8.1. To fix the 0x00x0 error code on Windows OS via the insider program, follow the steps below.
- Click your Windows Start Button.
- Select the “Settings” gear icon on the left
- Select “Privacy“
- Click on Diagnostics & feedback settings on the left of the pane.
- Enable “Improve inking and typing.”
- Enable “Tailored Experience.”
After the steps above, save all open files and restart the PC.
This should fix the 0x00x0 error code. But if it failed, we can use the advanced methods that we will discuss below to fix this error code.
Delete Registry SelfHost
Damage or erroneous registry can cause these error codes. Therefore, we recommend that you should check your computer registry and fix it if it’s corrupt or damaged. Follow the steps below to guide you through.
- Press “Win + R” open the run command.
- Type “Regedit” and click OK.
- Select ” Yes” when the “UAC” command is prompted.
- Right-click on the “Windows SelfHost” to the left.
- Save the Registry key to a location you can easily access on the computer.
- Right-click on “SelfHost” and select “Delete” from the pop-up.
- Click “Yes” from the confirmation window.
- Click on the close icon to close the Registry Editor.
Restart the PC after the steps. The 0x0 0x0 error code will be cleared [if] the code is caused by the computer registry.
Repair Damaged or Corrupted Windows Registry
To repair damaged or corrupted Windows Registry in Windows 10 follow the steps below.
- Go to your Windows Settings
- Click on “Update & Security.”
- Scroll to the Recovery tab and go to “Advanced Startup >> Restart Now.”
- Select ” Troubleshoot” when you are asked to choose an option.
- Go to the “Advanced Option” and choose “Automatic Repair.”
- Log into your account when you are asked to do so.
Wait for the whole troubleshooting process to complete. After which the system will repair.
Uninstall the Program
If you can identify the program causing the error code 0x0 0x0 on your Windows computer it is better to remove or uninstall it.
- Type “Control Panel” on the search box in the taskbar.
- Select the Control Panel and open it.
- Click on Uninstall a program.
- Find the program causing the error 0x0 0x0 code.
- Click on Uninstall on the navigation.
- Allow the program to uninstall from the pop-up.
This will remove the program and possibly remove the associated error code. Always restart your computer when you uninstall an app or program.
Update Windows Graphics Driver
This is yet another measure to fix error code 0x0 0x0 on Windows. If the graphics driver is missing or outdated, this error can emanate when using your computer.
To upgrade your Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10/11 graphics driver to fix your Windows error code related to the computer VGA, kindly follow the steps below.
- Press “Win + R” simultaneously.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” and press “Enter”
- Navigate to “Display Adapters” and right-click on your “Graphics card” and select “Properties.”
- Navigate to the “Driver” tab.
- Click on “Update Driver.”
- Click “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
Follow the instruction on the screen to download and install the latest graphics driver from the internet and fix the 0x0 0x0x error code on your Windows OS.